What is the IQMS?
The IQMS is an integrated quality management system that consists of three programmes, which are aimed at enhancing and monitoring performance of the education system. These are:
- Developmental Appraisal;
- Performance Measurement; and
- Whole School Evaluation.
The purpose of Developmental Appraisal (DA) is to appraise individual educators in a transparent manner with a view to determining areas of strength and weakness, and to draw up programmes for individual development.
The purpose of Performance Measurement (PM) is to evaluate individual teachers for salary progression, grade progression, affirmation of appointments and rewards and incentives.
The purpose of Whole School Evaluation (WSE) is to evaluate the overall effectiveness of a school as well as the quality of teaching and learning.
These three programmes are implemented in an integrated way in order to ensure optimal effectiveness and co-ordination of the various programmes.
Purpose of IQMS
- To identify specific needs of educators, schools and district offices for support and development;
- To provide support for continued growth;
- To promote accountability;
- To monitor an institution’s overall effectiveness; and
- To evaluate an educator’s performance.
This IQMS training programme is divided into 14 sections outlined below:
- Roles and responsibilities of individuals and structures involved in implementing the IQMS
- The implementation Process
- Records and Documentation that need to be developed and maintained
- Guidelines on evaluation and adjustment of scores
- Leave taken during the IQMS cycle
- Staff Movements
- Instruments used for IQMS
- Performance Standards
- Composite score sheets
- Personal Growth Plans
- School improvement Plans
- Pre evaluation profile checklist
- Whole school evaluation
- Developmental appraisal
Join our FREE IQMS Training. Fill in the form below and we will send you the dates and time for which you can attend this training.[wpforms id=”4688″]