The Gauteng Department of Education has published Vacancy Circular 11 of 2022. This circular contains advertisements of School Principals’ Posts for public ordinary and public special schools across all Gauteng Education Districts respectively. The closing date for applications is the 9th December 2022
As EDUPSTAIRS, we advise and encourage all School Principal applicants to familiarize themselves with the NEW PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPALS’ HANDBOOK.
The handbook provides guidance on three important areas:
- Academic Leadership,
- School Leadership and
- School Development Planning
This handbook is NOT a policy document but it is a practical guide that is designed as a reference for Public School Principals to consult as they carry out their day to day roles and responsibilities. It will support Public School Principals to lead an effective school with the primary aim of improving teaching and learning in their schools.
INFORMATION TO NOTE WHEN APPLYING
- Complete and submit separate GDE 2R (Employment Profile Form) for each post applied for.
- This EMPLOYMENT PROFILE FORM replaces the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- The form will be the only form that will be recognised when applying for school Principal post – NO CV MUST BE ATTACHED.
- Headings and numbering must not be changed (i.e. 11 headings excluding declaration)
- A unique post number shall be allocated to all advertised post. The post number shall begin with the abbreviation for the relevant district and contains a unique number e.g., ES12ED1001
- The unique number shall always be 10 characters and must be completed in full.
- Please ensure that the signature on the application form is original – photocopied signatures will be disqualified.
- No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
- NB! GDE cannot be held liable or responsible for incomplete/incorrect applications and/or applications which are sent to the wrong address (e.g., the incorrect district office) and/or reach their destination after the closing date.
Certification of Documents:
- Original certified copies of all qualifications, registration/provisional registration certificate with professional bodies and ID may be attached to applications; if not attached, a candidate who is shortlisted will be requested to bring along the certified documents on the day of the interviews
- Applicants must ensure that ALL documents are available on request.
- In the absence of SACE certificate, a salary advice on which a SACE membership number is printed will be accepted for membership verification.
CLOSING DATE: 09 DECEMBER 2022
Gauteng Department of Education