The Gauteng Department of Education has published a vacancy circular for public servants (PS) staff. This vacancy circular 12 of 2021 contains adverts for school based general workers which includes Drivers, House – Keepers and Cooks across selected Gauteng Education Districts respectively.
The vacancies advertised in this Vacancy Circular are because of attrition and promotions in Public Special Schools.
Approval to advertise and fill these vacant posts has been granted by the HOD.
All the processes outlined in the Vacancy Circular must be observed in line with COVID -19 protocols relating to regular sanitising / washing of hands with soap and water, wearing of masks and social distancing.
DATE OF ASSUMPTION OF DUTY
The preferred date of assumption of duty is 01 February 2022, unless another date of assumption of duty is mutually agreed upon by all relevant parties.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
Hand delivered applications will be received until Monday, 15 November 2021 at 16:00. No hand delivered applications will be received after the aforementioned date and time. Posted applications will only be accepted if they reach the District Office by Monday 15 November 2021 (NO EXCEPTION), and the postal mark indicates that the application was posted on or before the closing date of 15 November 2021.
- Complete and submit separate NEW FORM (Z83) in respect of each post applied for. This FORM is obtainable from any Public Service Department.
- A unique post number shall be allocated to all advertised post. The post number shall begin with the abbreviation for the relevant district and contains a unique number e.g. EN21PS1001
- The unique number shall always be 10 characters and must be completed in full.
- Please ensure that the signature on the application form is original – photocopied signatures will be disqualified.
- No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
- NB! GDE cannot be held liable or responsible for incomplete/incorrect applications and/or applications which are sent to the wrong address (e.g. the incorrect district office) and/or reach their destination after the closing date.
Certification of Documents:
- Original certified copies of all qualifications, registration/provisional registration certificate with professional bodies and ID may be attached to the applications; if not attached, a candidate who is shortlisted will be requested to bring along the certified documents
- Please ensure that the application form has the original signature of the applicant – photocopies of signatures will not be accepted.
- Certified salary advice slips must be included by applicants from other provinces or departments so as to enable GDE to determine the correct salary notch in the event of an appointment.
CLOSING DATE: 15 NOVEMBER 2021