An opportunity has risen within the Eastern Cape Department of Education to recruit suitably qualifying candidates into the positions of Data Capturers. The Department will be embarking on the implementation of the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative Phase 3 under the presidential Economic Stimulus Package therefore successful candidates will be assisting the Initiative to achieve its intended objectives. Data Capturers will report to District HRD CES, Deputy Directors HRD and to the Provincial Project Manager.
Successful candidates will be based in the Department’s 12 Districts across the Province as follows:
- Alfred Nzo East x8
- Alfred Nzo West x 24
- Amathole East x28
- Amathole West x14
- Buffalo City Metro x16
- Chris Hani East x17
- Chris Hani West x17
- Joe Gqabi x16
- Nelson Mandela Metro x13
- OR Tambo Coastal x23
- OR Tambo Inland 26 26
- Sarah Baartman x10
Capturing, processing and storing of data for the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative Phase 3 or any other duty that may be assigned by relevant supervisors.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA
- Enter information from documents to be stored and transmitted.
- Consistently check work for accuracy and completeness
- Complete forms and edits current information
- Reads the information and keys the datainto the necessary fields.
- Compare the entered information with thesource to identify errors and correct.
- Separates information into different sections to categorize and identify certain characteristics.
- Responsible for storing and filing completed information and maintaining records of work tasks and completed documents.
- Performs many different administrative tasks such as word processing, filling out paperwork, and maintaining records and files
- Telephone queries
- Operates a variety of machines and equipment such as computers with a variety of systems,
- keyboards, scanners, printers, and copy machines.
- Knowledge of specific computer software and programs for data entry tasks.
- Keys information directly into the computer, and can also be required to scan documents and fill in any missing information.
- Enters data onto tapes or disks for later entry
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize time and work effectively;
- Strong people skills with the ability to work under pressure;
- Highly–motivated, confident communicator with the ability to engage with people at all levels;
- Pays attention to detail and displays a high level of integrity;
- Able to multi–task and is deadline orientated;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work across diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Innovative and creative, able to see new opportunities; and
- Reflective and open to learning.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel.
- Ability to concentrate for lengthy periods and perform accurately with adequate speed.
- Good typing skills.
- Matric certificate
- College certificate / Diploma in Administration
- IT/Computer Literacy and database skills
- ICDL (added advantage)
- Youth between 18 – 35
INSTRUCTION TO CANDIDATES
All applications should be submitted to Districts on a signed Z83 Form obtainable from any Public Service department or on the internet at http://www.info.gov.za/documents/forms/employ.pdf which must be accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualifications. Applications are to be submitted at HRD district offices.
ENQUIRIES CONTACT PEOPLE
- Alfred Nzo East Jili Xoliswa 0835343974 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alfred Nzo West Mashoai Loyiso 0810469892 email@example.com
- Amathole East Ndunge Siyabulela 0738391712 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amathole West Gungutha Thembeka 0716065605 email@example.com
- Buffalo City Metro Tsheko Toto 0605238324 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Hani East Ngwendu Fundile 0605300278 email@example.com
- Chris Hani West Godana Ntombekhaya 0719265020 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe Gqabi Sikithi Nokulunga 0829232111 email@example.com
- Nelson Mandela Metro Hlekani Mpakamisi 0826607369 firstname.lastname@example.org
- OR Tambo Coastal Dalasile Khwezi 0744224171 email@example.com
- OR Tambo Inland Matoti Linda 0721231562 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Baartman Van Rensburg Marlene 0846574408 email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 05 APRIL 2022