The City of Joburg, Department of Economic Development (DED) invites Unemployed South African Youth to apply for their Skills Programme Learnership Opportunities. The closing date for applications is the 15th February 2023
The Skills Programme is an occupationally based learning programme which when completed constitutes credits towards a full qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
Such provisioning should be undertaken by a training provider accredited by a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) in terms of the Skills Development Act No. 97 of 1998.that provides unemployed youth from the Johannesburg community to be provided with both theoretical and practical training on their chosen learnership.
- This initiative is in support of the objectives of the Skills Development Act (1998) of making workplaces active learning environments for employees and the unemployed.
- This Learning Opportunity is open to all qualifying LEARNERS in the Johannesburg Community for a period of five (5) months starting from 1 March 2023 until 31 July 2023.
- Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
- Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
- The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
- This CoJ-supported skills development intervention is accessible ONLY to prospective or aspiring learners/unemployed youths with a maximum NQF 1 certificate and/or Grade 9 General Education and Training (GET) certificate and/or Adult Basic Education and Training (ABET) 4 certificate or any other such equivalent qualification or any SAQA recognized NQF 2 equivalent qualification;
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
- Communicate in a road construction environment (verbally, by writing, and signs);
- Mathematics in a road construction environment (calculate quantities, set out work);
- Perform team leader supervisory functions (when such unit standards are selected);
- Conduct general construction activities (as reflected in unit standard elected);
- Perform supplementary roadworks construction activities;
- Prospective and aspiring learners must be residing in the regions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply by filling the City of Joburg Learnership Online Application Form
CLOSING DATE: 15 FEBRUARY 2023
You May Also Like…