The Gauteng Department of Education has published a list of Office Based Educators for Senior Education Specialists (SES) and Deputy Chief Education Specialist (DCES) posts at the GDE’s Head Office and across all GDE’s District Offices.
The Senior Education Specialist, Cluster Leaders and Deputy Chief Education Specialist posts advertised in this Vacancy Circular are as a result of attrition and promotions in Gauteng Department of Education.
Approval to advertise and to fill these vacant posts has been granted by the HOD.
ADVERTISEMENT AND APPOINTMENT PRINCIPLES
These vacant posts are advertised in terms of Employment of Educators Act (Act 76 of 1998), Personnel Administration Measures as amended (PAM), Chapter B and Public service Regulations, 2016.
The Department reserves the right not to fill vacant posts advertised on this list of vacancies should it be discovered that incorrect information was submitted or published.
In advertising and filling of these vacant posts, the Department will be guided by policy guidelines, i.e:
- Employment Equity measures for designated groups, namely black people in general (which include Indians, Coloureds and Africans), women and people with disabilities;
Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to the underrepresented groups as per the GDE Employment Equity Targets as in the Circular for the implementation of Employment Equity Plan No. 09 of 2020.
Applicants must note that if no invitation to an interview is received within three (3) months of the closing date, they must accept that their application/s have been unsuccessful.
DOWNLOAD THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION VACANCY CIRCULAR 00 OF 2022 JANUARY 2022 HERE
DOWNLOAD THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION VACANCY CIRCULAR COVER PAGE HERE
DOWNLOAD THE NEW Z83 APPLICATION FORM HERE
DATE OF ASSUMPTION OF DUTY
The preferred date of assumption of duty is 01 June 2022; unless another date of assumption is mutually agreed upon by all relevant parties.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications must be Hand Delivered by Friday, 28 January 2022, not later than 16:00. No applications will be accepted after the aforementioned date and time. Posted applications will only be accepted if they have a postal stamp indicating that the application was posted on or before the closing date of 18 August 2021 (NO EXCEPTION).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE
- Complete and submit separate FORM (Z83) obtainable from any Public Service Department which must completed and originally signed and each page initialised.
- A comprehensive, updated Curriculum Vitae must be attached.
- A unique post number shall be allocated to each advertised post. The post number shall begin with the abbreviation for the relevant district or Head Office followed by a number e.g. EN000102.
- The unique number shall always contain 08 characters and must be completed in full.
- Please ensure that the signature and initials on the application form is original – photocopied signatures will be disqualified.
- No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
- NB! GDE cannot be held liable or responsible for incomplete/incorrect applications and/or applications which are sent to the wrong address (e.g. the incorrect district office) and/or reach their destination after the closing date.
Certification of Documents:
- Copies of all qualifications, registration/provisional registration certificate with professional bodies must be attached to office-based applications. (Uncertified copies will be accepted when submitting your application, but candidates invited to the interviews must ensure they bring along originally certified copies).
- Identity Document must be attached to applications.
- A salary advice must be included by applicants from other provinces to enable GDE to determine the correct salary notch in the event of an offer.
The only two prescribed methods of submission:
- HAND DELIVERY
Relevant District Office and Head Office Refer to Annexure C for the physical address
- VIA THE POST
Relevant District and Head Office Refer to Annexure C for the postal address
No application forms submitted to schools OR to Registry Office OR Department of Finance (GDF) & its nodal points will be accepted.
Leave a Comment