The Gauteng Department of Education is inviting unemployed youth to apply for the Gauteng Education Covid – 19 Response Programme.
- Minimum school qualification of Grade 12
- Good Organisational Skills
- Flexibility and creativity
- Enjoy working with children and young adults
- Patience, confidence and a compassionate attitude
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to manage groups of learners and deal with challenging behaviour
- Ability to communicate in English and one other official language
- Only Gauteng Residents can apply
- Applicants must live within walking distance of the school where they apply
- Ensure adherence to COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures
- Supervise social distancing among school children all the time
- Take and register temperature and vital signs
- Sanitise all learners, educators and visitors
- Report SUSPICIOUS Cases to the relevant school COVID 19 Champion
- Compile weekly and monthly reports
Applicants must not currently be working or studying and must be aged between 18-34 years old.
Please Note: Former beneficiaries of the Gauteng Youth Brigades, Presidential Youth Employment Intervention and Bus Conductor Programme can apply but preference will be given to new applicants.
Closing Date: 20 July 2021
HOW TO APPLY: THE ONLY way to apply for this opportunity is to register and apply on the Zero-rated sayouth.mobi site. (You can search for the school closest to where you live)